Well, I went to the City Courts for my impound hearing. (In case you haven't noticed, I want to drag this out as long as possible, so I'm making it as many posts as I can to keep the agony going.)
It took about 2 minutes, and they hearing officer asked me if there was anything I wanted to say besides I was getting hit twice with my car stolen and having to pay for impound fees as well. He pretty much made my case for me, but I did add that it was Christmas, and I didn't have anywhere to take it, and I certainly wasn't putting it back in the parking garage where it was stolen. He laughed and said that the City would return $180 of my charges back to me, but I did have to pay for some of it since the cops couldn't just leave it out on the street either. I'm not sure what difference it would have made at this point, except maybe the paint job would have been finished. So I gladly accepted my refund before he changed his mind.
I did have one thought as I was driving home from the bank that made me laugh out loud. My car only has AM radio, and intermittently works from one or both speakers. I imagined how cool the person must look that stole my car driving a two-tone Honda blasting Radio Disney from one or both speakers. Serves them right. I hope it was a Hannah Montana song!
1 comment:
Oh no way, anything from High School Musical would have made him look way cooler.
But oh my goodness, this just keeps getting better and better! I have no idea why you'd rather ride Grandma's old car around instead of your one with the new paint job hahaha! You MUST put pics up on here! We need to see!!!
I can't wait for the next update. I sincerely hope to hear again how you feel like you've been screwed without vaseline :) (Oh yes that was the best line I've read in a long time lol!)
Post a Comment