Well, as usual, I started a project, got distracted, and never got back to the blogging. I'll make what could be a terribly long and boring story short to keep me focused. I got a great payment from Progressive on the Honda. It was enough to buy the uber security system from Toyota, including an alarm for when the glass gets broken, and put a few payments in the savings account for when I blow my cash on unnecessary items to take up precious space in my house. (Better known as supporting my teaching habit.) I got more money if I let Progressive take the car, and since I only had so many things to do with the car, I let Chuck go. No funeral, no memorial service, but I did save Sir Chomps Alot (the patron shark of all vacations) and he is now on my computer monitor, watching over all I download. I would have put him in the van, but he is just a picture of a shark after all, and what if he gets stolen?????
Sorry. Got sidetracked with predators.
I finally got a copy of the police report in late May, and let me interpret for you what the fine servant of SLC wrote:
"I was driving around mad I had to work on a holiday, and saw a thug in a car that wasn't his. I swore to myself, turned carefully so I didn't spill my coffee, and watched him run away. I sauntered over to the vehicle, called in the plates, called the owner who annoyed me with a request to do something reasonable, and was too exhausted after the whole ordeal to deal with the car. So I sent it to impound, went back to 7-11 to refill my coffee, eventually wrote up this report, and eventually submitted it to my superiors."
I hope that is detailed enough. I took the van on the first big trip to Custer State Park with Chris, my SIL, and 3 slimy children who got gross things all over in the car. Coleman was bright enough to discover that a cup is not actually needed for the cupholder; you just pour the drink in the holder and use a straw. Note to Coleman: Wasn't that great of an idea with ice cream. Oh, and NEVER pass out Starburst in the summer. Guess what sticks to the carpet when half eaten!?! Well, at least the van is broken in. It could only be new for so long. And I found the worlds best carpet cleaner in a can at Wal-Mart. HooraY!
I got all the slimy kid germs and fingerprints out today when I was in Richfield. Yes, a fine small town in Utah. Long story, nobody cares.
It was a bittersweet moment. (No, I wasn't licking the Starburst on the carpet.) While I'm happy to have a sense of order restored, I'm gonna really miss the slimy little monsters that screwed it up in the first place.
3 comments:
There is a reason I never buy starbursts. Now you know LOL!!! See, it's not just about the sugar - those suckers are hard to get out of anything!!!
So when are you going to entertain us again with your goings-on? Hmmmm? If I can do it with 3 slimy kids running around, you can do it with just one - that would be Chris lol!!! Oh and the 20 or so others you teach all day....and the ailing mother that you have to get plastic boxes for....and the blind father that you have to take to basketball games. Oops that one was mine. Was MEANT to be yours....will never forgive you for that one lol....
So this post title fits in well with the gap between this post and the next one.
Post a Comment